METRIMED’s UV Type unicondylar knee prosthesis is designed to treat extensive unicondylar pathological changes of the knee joint.
It allows the surgeon to correct mal-alignment and mild instability of the knee joint, restoring the ligament balance and knee function.
Major characteristics of the femoral component are
- anatomical gliding surface
- broad assortment of sizes
- high-strength shape confirmed by strength tests,
- anatomical shape providing firm, stress resistant prothesis-bone contact
- the prosthesis can be implanted with a small amount of bone removed,
- the metal component is a tissue-friendly high-strength castable cobalt alloy,
- fixation by cementing.
Major characteristics of the tibial component are
- broad assortment of sizes enabling adjustment to knee geometry,
- flat-surface fitting to the femoral component resulting in articular stability,
- The shape provides a strong bone-prothesis connection,
- “marker”wire enabling follow-up,
- cement fixation.